Monday, August 28, 2006

Back from Vacation

Did you miss me?

Well, I missed you, and have probably lost touch with some people in the last month, what with my PC Crash, and my two week vacation. Well, the PC isn't fixed yet, but I seem to have regained access at work, so for the moment I can get here and let you know what my vacation was like.

I have to confess to little running whilst away. I had planned to do more, but an irish-italian wedding in Rhode Island is not synominous with running, so I have a lot of work to do to get back in shape in time for Dublin in two months time.

The wedding was only part of the trip, and we had a great time, visiting Block Island, fishing in the ocean, out on my friends boat, lunching at the Skippers Dock in Stonington Harbour, and relaxing. Then it was a week in Boston, meeting up with some Cool Runners one night, visiting Fenway Park, doing a Duck Tour, walking the Freedom Trail, and generally having a great time.

We rounded off the trip by driving down from Boston to Newark, and managed to get bumped off our flight on Friday night (for $500 each! ;)) and had a day in New York on Saturday, sadly no time to let anyone know, but a few hours in Macy's and a few beers saw us home safely. Our bags had an even better holiday, as they spent another day in the US before arriving home this morning - At least it saved us having to carry them around the airport when we got home :).

I have loads of pictures from my trip, and when I get the Home Pc fixed, I will post a few shots, and bore you all to death.

Tonight I start running again - Wish me luck .......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Liam!!! Hope you enjoyed your brief visit to New York along with the rest of your holiday. Great to have you back.

Thomas said...

Welcome back, it's been a while. Looks like you had a good time. Now better get in shape asap, Dublin is just around the corner.

Dori said...

Good to have you back, Liam. Glad you had a good time. I took a Duck Tour once in Boston also. I even got to drive it in the Charles River and I got a sticker to prove it! Did you "cross the finish line" for the Boston Marathon on the tour?

Liam said...

Oh yes, we crossed the line with our arms in the air, and it brought back memories for me.

Dee managed to drive the Duck, and got the sticker too :)