Monday, January 21, 2008

Slack Posting but running go OK

I know, I know, I'm as bad as ever at keeping this as up to date as I should. But on the plus side, I have been running well in the last two weeks, with training completed on 11 days out of the 14, and the base mileage building up and consistency becoming the key word.

Now, I appreciate that there are a few readers and fellow bloggers who train every day, but as the years have advanced for me (slowly I hope!), I have always programmed rest into my plans, so no apology for the rest days - we need to recover.

What I have been doing is planning out the next few months of racing and goals. This Sunday I have the Raheny 5 Road Race, and I would hope to be running sub 39, depending on weather. The following week I am off to sunnier climes, and California for the Surf City Marathon, and although this was originally planned as a Boston attempt, I will now be looking for around 3:50 and a good hard training run with friends :).

When I get back I have a couple of cross country races in February, all the time building the training for the spring and a few key races. Firstly, my last race in the M45 Category, the Ballycotton 10, and naturally following on, my first race in the M50 class, although I'm not certain which that will be, but I have entered the Omagh 1/2 Marathon on March 29th, however their are a couple of other races before that one which could make the First!

All these are gearing me up for the Connemara Marathon on April 6th, the tough Galway race that sorts the men out from the boys, and the women from the girls. All being well I am really hoping to run sub 4 here (worth 20 minutes elsewhere!), with the last 3 miles the tough part.

That's where I am at, and here's hoping that I can get through this period unscathed and all will be well for a late spring/early summer attempt at the 3:35 I need to make Boston next April.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Liam
Dont know if youve ever heard of the Business Houses Athletic Association but take a look at www.bhaa.ie. its got loads of BHAA runs, a 4 miler tomorrow in Raheny. but its also got nearly 400 listed on the calender at the top of the home page, local national and international. might be worth a glance...