Thursday, July 06, 2006

OK - I know I said no more excuses....

But this week has been exceptionally busy in one way or another. First, my Big PC has packed in. The one where all my pictures, my data, my records is stored. Actually, to be fair, it's not as bad as that, as it's only the optical mouse that has packed in. Trouble is, I can't work out why! I am hopeless at sorting out problems like this, but my IT Expert, Liam Og, is in Spain for the summer, so I may have to live without it for a while yet.

The good news is I still have the laptop, and access, so all is not lost, and you'll have to put up with me a while yet.

The other down side, which is truth rather than an excuse, is that I was in bed sick at the beginning of the week for three days, a stomach bug hit me. I was laid low, and as a result, my running has also been hit. Only managed to get out yesterday for a couple of miles, still feeling far from 100% , and today I made the gym and had a harder workout, just 2 miles on the treads, but then some rowing, and a session around the leg machines, so not too bad.

All this makes me wonder how I talk myself into things, such as Training for Dublin, thinking about Boston 2008 etc. So what do I go and do today? I sent an entry in for the Connemara Marathon next April. It's the one I ran this year, in the rain, feeling like "yuck", but loving everything about it. So, there you go, I'm already entered for my First Marathon of 2007, another weekend in the West of Ireland - Sometimes I wonder about myself :)

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Hope you feel better soon. I've already noticed that the Connemara entries are open for 2007. I'll sign up as soon as I've decided on the distance.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Liam. Sorry you've been ill (I have as well), but hopefully you're now on the mend and your computer will soon be as well.

France vs. Italy tomorrow. I'm actually going to watch this one!

Dori said...

A race is as good a reason as any to visit The West.