Sunday, January 14, 2018

The story of my operation... (as reported on Facebook).


Liam Mycroft
6 January at 06:01 ·
Thanks everyone for the messages yesterday. Very sore this morning, and next to no sleep, but will be cheering Ulster on later, and reading all the run reports. Love my friends xxx

Liam Mycroft
7 January at 10:25 ·
Another sleepless night in St Vincent's. At least I'll lose weight, no solids yet.

Liam Mycroft
8 January at 04:51 ·
Monday morning. 10 to 5, and awake again. Very warm here in Vincent's, and with the meds, etc., I simply can't sleep. Still very sore, but all heading the right way. Wonder what they'll have me trying to do today?...

Liam Mycroft
9 January at 05:57 ·
Tuesday morning. Bit of a set back yesterday, stomach swelled, so they have had to put a tube down to the stomach, through the nose and throat, to alleviate the pressure. It did, straight away, but it's murder on the throat. Back to the drip overnight,oh well. Onwards and upwards ๐Ÿ˜€

Liam Mycroft
10 January at 06:27 ·
Day 6 in the Big Vincent's House. Tuesday was a strange day. Started well, and was up abot after a couple of drains removed. Felt tired, so went back to bed. No solids again, but water going down well. Up again when Pau arrived, and had a good wash and change. Back in beds for visitors, and all of a sudden, projectile vomited... All over my nice new gown.... Got cleaned up again... Doc then put me on 12 hour fast, so even water taken away. .. around 11, another small bout of sickness, this time I was prepared, and having had medicine for heartburn, this might have been a factor.... Just couldn't get to sleep, eventually dropped off, only to wake around 4, damp, as my stoma had leaked.... Changed again, managed to pee properly again, couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am, feeling a lot better this morning, after an eventful last 24 hours..... Apologies if these updates are over graphic, just like to be thorough ๐Ÿ˜€... Plus it saves me having to post more info to folk when they ask via pm......

Liam Mycroft
11 January at 08:16 ·
For all you lovely people following my trials and tribulations, a very positive post this morning. Yesterday dawned with me having been on fast the previous night, and once the docs approved liquids again, that first cup of tea was gorgeous. I had no discomfort, and at last the final drains were removed, and I could move around. The physio came around, took me for a walk. As to be expected after the op, the legs were a little rubbery, but he was very pleased. Christine Mc Cann came to visit, sweetheart, and Nurse Brid from the stoma unit came to explain the post op diet etc. Interestingly, it's the complete opposite of a healthy diet, but, allegedly, you don't put weight on ๐Ÿ˜€. From then, it was a little more walking, reading, chatting and Pau brought me a fan, which was a godsend, and I managed to get off to sleep by 10, and slept till 4... Heaven..... Docs been around this morning already, onto light diet, and an amazing turnaround from just 36 hours ago. .... Once again, thank you all for your support this week, it's kept me smiling, even when down. I'm not counting my chickens yet, but that light is getting pretty bright on this tunnel....

Liam Mycroft
12 January at 07:40 ·
One week ago, around this time, I arrived at St Vincents for my op. Had hoped today would be the last day, and it still might be, or possibly tomorrow.
Nothing exciting to report really, yesterday was another good day, no drama, and recovery in full swing. Bit of a rough night, sleep wise, as the ward was noisy, so not able to get a solid sleep, so a tad tired this morning.
Looks like I won't make #parkrun in the morning then... Stay tuned, hugs to all....

Liam Mycroft
Yesterday at 08:23 ·
Woo hoo... The day we've all been waiting for... Going home.....
After 8 days in Vincent's, pleased to report that the last three have seen a superb upturn, and everything is grand, and they are sending me home. Obviously, the recovery has only just started, and it will still take a few months to be back fully fit and healthy. I will have to come back later in the year to get the stoma out and ensure all goes back the way it should, but the worst is over.
I really appreciate all the support from everyone here, it has helped immensely to keep me going. One thing I'd like to say to friends who work in the health service, whatever country that may be, I thank you for your service, from the bottom of my heart.
Apologies to anyone who felt I was a little OTT with all the details, but it helped me, and saved me repeating myself 29 times. So, Thank you all once again, and, don't worry ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€, I'll still post about the recovery process over the months to come, just not every day ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜†

HOME……………………………………………………………………..

No comments: