Monday, November 21, 2016

The Gingerbread Run

Great day out in Portarlington for the Gingerbread Run. Fantastic showing by all the RSPers on display, on what was certainly one race when nobody could come up with the excuse that it was TOO HOT out there....

Thanks to Christine Mc as ever for the lift over, and congrats to everyone who ran, especially Orna who had a brilliant run in the 10K and Francis who bombed the Half Marathon. Personally I had an almost great run, with just a little hiccup around 17/18 kms when a spot of cramp held me up for a brief while, but thankfully not enough to make serious dents in my aimed for time. ...

5K Splits of 25:41,25:09, 25:16, 27:09 tell their own tale, with the last Km and 97 m in 4:54 plus 25 seconds for my Band time of 1:48:34...... Official time came in at 1:48:41 for 143rd out of 484 participants. Fastest Km of the race, Km 21 !!!

Almost an 8 minute Age Best, and my second fastest Half Marathon since 1998 - Yes, you read that right, and nearly beat that from 2003, missing out by 20 seconds, if the cramps hadn't flared, I would have........ This old dog can put his feet up now, that was my last "race" of the year - May run a parkrun or two, but a little R & R now - Happy Runner Here - The Gingerbread Man Did!

No comments: