Sunday, May 15, 2016

DCM to Boston Week 2/26 Done & Dusted

Slight amendments to the training plan this week, as I listened to my body, and added in a planned Rest Day on Monday, after a tough first week, and tired legs. But I didn't relax too much, and on Tuesday I threw in a Speed session with a good session in the gym, warming up well, and then running intervals of 4x500m @ 4:30 pace, with no effects, and heading towards the weekend I eased back on Friday, by walking around 9Km to collect my Race number for Sunday, which while not a logged workout was still a decent time on my feet.

Saturday saw me head off to parkrun at Hartstown, with my thoughts simply on a good even paced run. Sometimes when you least expect it, things slot into place. It was a bright sunny morning, and I eased into the run, maintaining a steady pace, with a strong kick finish, and managed a parkrun PB in 24:06 - Totally unexpected...

This brings us to the end of Week 2, and today it was another race, and the Terenure 5 Miler. Again, no preconceptions of a great time, but a Race Based Tempo Training Run on another bright sunny day. It was an Irish Warm Day, with temperatures around the 15/16 degrees mark, but that had little affect on myself, and I started the run along with the 40 minute pacers, holding steady over the first 6 Kilometres, very consistent withing 7 seconds of each split, before feeling the run from Saturday in the legs and taking it down a notch over the last two splits, finishing in 40:19, over a minute ahead of my time from the RTE Race last week.

Synopsis:

Week 1: 38.2 Km
Week 2: 34.6 Km

The Week Ahead:

Will take a Rest Day to allow recovery, and keep the speed/interval session in place, as I continue to build the base miles, rounding off the week with the Virgin Night Run 10K on Sunday.

Nice pic today with two running friends, Patrick & Lesley-Anne, taken Sunday after the Terenure Race.






No comments: