Monday, December 04, 2006

Sorry Guys - ALL IS FANTASTIC

Really sorry I haven't been able to update this, but I was a little tied up in the last week, and I truly appreciate the emails and calls etc. I am VERY happy to report that mum has made a remarkable recovery and last Friday she was released from hospital, back home.

Yes, back home. Eight days previously I was told she wouldn't last an hour - and now, she is back home - recovering far faster than anyone has the right to. I hope beyond hope that I have inherited the same constitution, and can fight the same way when my day comes close.

I haven't laced my runners up for three weeks now, and will need to spend some time working on my body (weight!) and get going again. Now all is settling down, I can hopefully get back into things and back to running. Supposed to be running a 10K this sunday - God help me. Well, he helped mum last week so I reckon our family have had their fair share of his help this month - So maybe I should start training again.

Thanks everyone -

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!!! I'm so glad.

Thomas said...

For once you really have an excellent excuse for not running. That's great about your mum, she's unbelievable.

DawnB said...

Liam I'm so happy for you and your family!!!give you mum a big hug!!!

runner26 said...

so glad to hear!