Saturday, May 16, 2015

Slow to Update, but I'm getting faster-ish!

Realised it's been two months since I last posted an update. Since March, and the Meath Half Marathon, I have been running quite well, with a little up and down in the results column, but overall things have been heading in the direction I had hoped.

Three 10K's have been raced, with slightly mixed results, all having drawbacks, one with heavy wind, one at night with congestion (runners, not in my chest!), and the latest one in heavy rain and a tweeked ankle. Times of 51:41, 52:17 and 52:58 respectively, look like they are heading in the wrong direction, but overall, I was happy enough with each of the times at each of the races.

Before the 10K's there was the Battle of Clontarf 10 Miler where I was happy with a time of 85:49, and I also set a PB for the 5K Parkrun of 24:09 over at Hartstown. The best result I have had in the past two months was at the RTE 5 Mile Race in the BHAA series (Business House Athletic Association). On a very wet day in Donnybrook, I clocked a M50 PB of 38:54, and the Revenue Works Team won a little prize as well.

The training has been going well, with an increase in distance, and whilst I don't aim for PB's when I train, I do run time trials occasionally, and these have shown a significant improvement in recent times, showing promise for the rest of the summer. Which leads me on to setting myself some targets. I have races lined up over the next few months, starting with the Sportsworld 5M Race in Terenure tomorrow (17th), where I would hope to be comfortably under 40 minutes. Next up is a 10K next Sunday at St Annes in Raheny, and if the weather holds up, I really hope to be ducking under that 50 minute barrier. This will be quickly followed by the 5 Miler at Dunboyne in the BHAA series, followed by a break from racing, and a ramp up in the training as I build for the Dublin Series, kicking off at the end of June with the Irish Runner 5 Miler.

All roads are leading up to the Rock n Roll Dublin Half Marathon in August, which has long been a target for me. At this point in time I hope to be under 1:50, although this may change between now and then.

Adding a few pics from the last few weeks -

No comments: