Sunday, July 11, 2010

An even longer gap.....

I am so bad at keeping this thing up to date. The main reason is that I have been doing very little running. I have continued to Hash in the first six months of the year, and I am still in Buenos Aires. But, I have done very little serious running. I started the year well, with good intentions. Managed a steady 40 plus miles in January, followed by 30 plus in February, but since then its been down hill.

My first six months of the year have seen a total of 108 miles added to my career history, with most of them being from Hashing. I did manage a race of sorts in May when I was home in Ireland for a vacation, the Banbridge Spar 10K, but the least said about that the better, as I had forgotten two things - One, I wasn't fit, and Two, Banbridge is Hilly! I took over the hour for a run/walk, gasp for air, trip around the town, but at least I finished. Then, as soon as I got back to BsAs, I went and turned my ankle which saw me off running for four weeks.

Well, it's July now, and I have already amassed more miles in ten days than the last three months, mind you, that wasn't hard! So, I am trying again, and as an eternal optimist, I am planning on a half marathon (or possibly two) in September, with the Buenos Aires Marathon on 10 10 10 as a hopeful ambition, we shall see. At the moment, running 5 Km would be a challenge, so I will have to do a lot of hard work in the next two months to get even close - We shall see......

2 comments:

sheriaustin said...

just read your blog. nice to see that you are still running. hope all is well with you.
sheri

Dori said...

Hi Liam. How's your marathon training coming along? The Chicago marathon is also on 10 10 10. We can slog along in spirit.