Monday, August 31, 2009

No races, but training going as well as it has been

Since the Frank Duffy race two weeks ago, it has been into training mode and a couple of weeks away from hard racing. This year has been a slow build up, but July saw a lift in my mileage, and August has continued in the same vein, as can be seen from the table below (at least I hope it shows as a table!).

August: 76.0 Mi
July: 74.1 Mi
June: 37.0 Mi
May: 27.4 Mi
April: 34.6 Mi
March: 2.2 Mi

As can be seen, the second half of the year is progressing in the right direction, and with a few races to sharpen my speed up in September, and a half marathon at the end of the month, hopefully September will continue in the same way.

Although I am planning on the Marathon in October, clearly my mileage is well below what is required to run well, so it will be a jog around Dublin, enjoying he 30th anniversary party, before I refocus my targets elsewhere.

No comments: