Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back into it

Well, since I got home last week, I was laid up in bed with a nasty little cold and chest bug. Thanks to flying in a metal box so far, the germs were distributed into my system and I ended up in bed for a few says laid low.

Thankfully it has now all but passed through my system, and I was able to get to the gym last night and managed a 3 mile treadmill run in 23:44 to turn the legs over. Absolutely no reaction from the legs, which were given the luxury after the marathon of a few days in bed, but the cardio was a little lacking, understandably.

Will just take it easy over the next couple of days, and rebuild gradually before racking up the training for the next set of races in March. I have two 5K's, a 10 Miler, and a Half marathon lined up next month as I build up for Connemara. Racing is the motivation to keep me progressing - fingers crossed it will work.

No comments: